Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Who out there has NOT been offended lately?

I am watching the news and looking at this page. We're the Women's Caucus for Art in Georgia. Where is our comment? Our statements? Our backbone? Isn't it time we stood up for the rights of women in a more unified, forceful manner? We're a fairly large group of well-educated, talented women. In Philadelphia, they are making a big statement against sex trafficking. We are not taking advantage of our position and I, personally, think that we should. Because of the activist position in Philadelphia, I have been drawn to their chapter and added that membership to my "belongingness." I want us to be equally important in a chapter that sits in the middle of a state where women are being denigrated in the Capitol by any number of legislators who would take away our rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment