Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Let's get to know our Members--Connie Lyon


Connie Lyon's work engage you with the use of windows, interesting use of figures and the abstraction of landscapes. One can definitely see the influence of Richard Diebenkorn and Pierre Bonnard in her art. The two artists that inspire her most.  An eye for detail and beautiful compositions.

On her art she says:
When I look at my art I see interiors, still life, landscape and the figure. For most of my career my mediums of choice have been pastels and oils. My work often includes windows and one subject that has been of continuing interest to me has been the effects of light on clear and colored glass. I never seem to tire of trying to capture this. My work in mixed media and collage is very different than my work in pastel and oil. It tends to be abstract and is often darker in color than my light filled oils and pastels. I am presently experimenting with encaustics, acrylics and watercolor. I am looking forward to developing new techniques using these new, to me, media.

See more of her work at Connie Lyon Studio.










No comments:

Post a Comment