Tuesday, April 21, 2009

New Work by Mona Waterhouse




Artist's Statement:

"In this new work I am continuing my series about life, which started with seeds and pods eight years ago. I am now interested in exploring water, one of the most essential ingredients of life.

In the triptych “Flow - Isle of Wight”, my first work concerning water, I used images taken with my digital camera on a recent trip there. I was intrigued by the marks and range of color the ocean waters left behind on the walls and steps along its beaches.

The photographs were then printed on hand made paper using my printer and encaustic was added. I strived for a veiled and flowing impression of the patterns made by the repeated movement of the tide.

I am continuing to explore all aspects of water, its beauty, importance, draught, flooding, women’s role and water, shortage of water and world politics and water." © Mona Waterhouse

To see more work by Mona Waterhouse, please visit her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment