Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Interview with Aleta Aaron, Artist and Psychotherapist


Above Image: Sculpture by Aleta Aaron

1. Who are you and what do you do, and what is your background?
My name is Aleta Aaron. I am an artist and a psychotherapist. I was born into a family of artists and have loved making art since I was a young child. I have been a psychotherapist for 30+ years working with individuals, couples and families. With gratitude, my career life as an artist and psychotherapist has evolved together over the years.

2. What's integral to your art and or art career?
When I sculpt I seek to capture the spirit and beauty of the human form by relying on the simplicity and purity of abstraction in my sculptures. My sculptures reflect inner dialogues, the complexity of the emotions.

Above Image: Sculpture by Aleta Aaron
3. What themes do you pursue and what medium do you use?
I primarily sculpt in clay, caste in bronze. I do enjoy dabbling some in painting, photography, wire art & create with whatever treasures I find around me!

4. What makes you angry, what makes you happy?
Someone expressing or acting disrespectful towards another upsets me. Spending time with my daughters and their family and pets, my husband, our families & friends, gardening, sculpting and creating art make me very, very  happy.

5. Who and what inspire you in your work and or in your life in general?
Among the people in my life who are an inspiration and inspire me is my mother, who is 90 years old. She is a sculptor who has worked in stone for many years and more recently in her late 80's returned to painting and drawing. She is an amazing woman and mother. I am also inspired through my work with clients. Thus, my art reflects upon matters of the heart.
Above Image: Sculpture by Aleta Aaron

6. What superpower would you want?
The power to heal the pain of suffering such as Cancer, Parkinson's, Alzheimer's & AIDS etc...would be an incredible super power to possess.

7. What is your favorite artists and or other person?
Among some of my favorite artists are: Andrew Goldsworthy, Barbara Hepworth, Constantine Brancusi, Henry Moore, Frank Lloyd Wright, Georgia O'Keefe and Alexander Calder.

8. What advice would you give to other artists?
Especially when one is going through a challenging time in life -create art. Be patient with yourself and preserver. 

9. Contact details

404.405.0540


No comments:

Post a Comment