The Art of Nature an Outdoor Art Installation 2016
Title: Metamorphosis Of Nature
*The WCAGA’s Art of Nature is a six week long outdoor art exhibition featuring site-specific art installations inspired by the metamorphosis of nature to be located on the grounds of the Blue Heron Nature Preserve. Artists and artist teams are invited to submit proposals at no cost for WCAGA members and a 30.00 application fee for non-members to be paid through PayPal. From these proposals The Art of Nature will select up to 7-8 projects and award them a 200.00 stipend to create their work.
*No power is available.
The Women's Caucus for Art of Georgia (WCAGA) is a chapter of the National Women's Caucus for Art (WCA), founded in 1972 to bring women's issues to the foreground of the College Art Association (CAA) and beyond. The focus was and continues to be supporting, recognizing and educating established and emerging women artists, art historians, critics, curators, museum personnel and other visual arts professionals.
In 2000 the Women's Caucus for Art of Georgia began when a group of eleven women artist met and decided to form a local chapter of the national organization. They began with a "just do it" attitude and a vision which they set out to realize. WCAGA is now comprised of over one hundred artists and art professionals from Georgia and other Southeastern states. The majority of our members, however, are artists based in metro Atlanta who work in many different media: sculpture, painting, photography, collage, printmaking and more.
*Blue Heron Nature Preserve, 4055 Roswell Road, Atlanta, GA 30342
*Blue Heron Nature Preserve was started in 2000 by Nancy Jones who was a public school art teacher for many years. Nancy was saddened by all the development ebbing away at the nature she and her son use to explore as he was growing up. Working with the City of Atlanta she started with 7 acres to create the BHNP and now has over 30 acres of green space in the heart of Buckhead. There are many future plans for the BHNP including a bike path that will connect with Path 400 which will connect to the Beltline.
* Due to the size and accessibility of the Preserve the art installation will be located on the on the grounds close to the parking lot.
- BHNP is a public park and can be toured independently at any time during daylight hours
Guided Tour of BHNP
*Guided Tour Saturday January 23rd 4:30/ Rain Date Saturday January 30th noon
Please RSVP to email@example.com
*Everyone to gather at the parking lot of the BHNP Building
*Questions will be answered during the “Walk through the Preserve” and if you cannot make the walk please direct the question to firstname.lastname@example.org
*The entrance driveway is across from Pikes on Roswell Rd.
*This is a nature trail so please wear appropriate shoes.
- All artist
*Entry is free of charge for WCAGA members and 30.00 for non-WCAGA to be paid by PayPal. Link for PayPal payments will be activated March 1st.
WCAGA offers many show opportunities, drawing marathons, book club, and art shares through out the year so please consider joining for all the opportunities for these extra benefits for 55.00.
*All submissions are due from Tuesday March 1st - Tuesday March 15th, 2016 11:59 pm
*Art projects can hang from the trees, be on the ground, painted on selected walls, or whatever you can dream up. Damage to the environment is not allowed.
- Because this is a public art and the art will not be 100% supervised it must be safely made for the general public.
*Up to Six (6) images for jurying: Up to 3 images of past work and up to 3 images of your proposed project. Images of your proposed project may be sketches, studies, renderings, photographs of assembled elements or complete projects if the project has been realized in an earlier incarnation.
* With submission, please include name, phone #, titles, and address.
Email your submissions to email@example.com
*Proposals will be judged based on originality, feasibility, execution, and innovation.
*All submitting artists will be notified of their status on Sunday March 20th 2016 via email.
*The accepted artist will have the first check for stipend of 100.00 after a waiver has been signed and returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*All artists are responsible for insuring their work.
- After a proposal is selected, alterations or substitutions cannot be made without authorization by WCAGA/BHNP. WCAGA/BHNP reserves the right to remove any works from the exhibition based on special installation circumstances or discrepancies between the juried images and actual work.
- All accepted work must remain on display through the end of the exhibition on June 4th, 2016.
- All artwork must be installed between the dates of Monday the April 18th - Friday April 22nd, 2016
*More time will be allowed for any murals being painted.
- While the WCAGA/BHNP has volunteer support for artists during the installation period, please remember that installation is primarily artist-driven. We will be able to help you troubleshoot should complications arise, but will not install or deinstall your piece for you.
Saturday April 23, 2015 @ 12:30 pm (Rain Date Saturday April 30th, 2015)
- Sunday June 5th - Tuesday June 7th
Toured Walk through BHNP Saturday January 23rd 4:30/ Rain Date Saturday January 30th noon
Applications are open Tuesday March 1st -Sunday March 20th, 2016 11:59 pm
Artist Notification Thursday, March 20th, 2016
Installation Period Monday, April 18th - Friday the 22nd (Earth Day)
Anyone painting a mural can start at a time agreed by both parties.
Opening Reception Saturday April 23, 2015 12:30 pm (Rain Date Saturday, April 30th, 2015)
Exhibition Run Sunday April 23 - Saturday June 4th
Deinstallation Sunday June 5th - Tuesday June 7th
Final check of the 100.00 stipend will be sent out after the art is removed by the artist — June 8th - 15th, 2016