The Artlines Art Edition Grant is intended to provide a professional development opportunity for one or two WCAs members who are interested in editing and designing a special art edition of ArtLines for WCA. We are seeking innovative work that is both eye-catching and newsworthy. Upon publication, the editor/designer will receive a payment of $500 for her work.
- Eligibility: 2013 WCA members in good standing.
- The editor is responsible for writing an editorial and collecting essays and art images for a 12-page newsletter format zine.
- The designer is responsible for laying out images and text. There must be room in the top back half of the newsletter to allow for mailing addresses.
- The editor and designer may be the same person, or a pair of members may apply, with one person handling editorial and the other handling design. The payment of $500 will be made to one editor/designer or split evenly between two people.
- Artwork and essays must be created/written by women, with at least 50% of the content by or about WCA member artists, art historians, Lifetime, or President’s awardees.
- One page must be devoted to the WCA Presidential candidate(s). Text will be supplied by the President.
- The editor/designer must be proficient in InDesign and Adobe PDF –InDesign will be used to layout design & text; then the final version will be converted to a PDF.
- Deadline for Submission: Your application must be received by April 28, 2013.
- Notification of selection: Wednesday, May 1.
- The editor/designer will check in with the President during the design and layout process.
- Content must be edited, laid out and ready to go to print by August 5, 2013.
- WCA will handle printing and distribution.
- Publication will be mailed to members at the end of August.
To download Application form go to the WCA National Site Grants and Opportunity Page and click on download application form.