Call for exhibition proposals. Valdosta State University's Arts Gallery is reviewing artists' proposals for 2010-11 season. Artists 18+, all media, insurance, no sales commission. Send 20 images (slides or jpegs), list (title, media, size, year), resume, artist's statement, cover letter, SASE to VSU Fine Arts Gallery, Department of Art, 1500 N. Patterson Street, Valdosta, GA 31698-0105. Questions: Julie Bowland, firstname.lastname@example.org, 229-333-5835, www.valdosta.edu.art
The First Existential Congregation of Atlanta - ongoing call
The First Existential Congregation of Atlanta is seeking interested visual artists who would like to exhibit their work. Exhibitions will be up for between 4 and 8 weeks in our sanctuary. For more information, please contact Glen Lopez at email@example.com.
PROOF: Arts & Action in the Old 4th Ward - Deadline: October 14, 2009 - 11:00pm
Atlanta artists working in any media are encouraged to submit their work for possible inclusion in PROOF: Arts & Action in the Old 4th Ward. This juried, multi-venue exhibition will be taking place on Friday Oct. 23rd, 2009. The work will be exhibited in a variety of non-traditional and traditional spaces in Atlanta’s historic Old 4th Ward. The guidelines for submitting work are as follows:
For all two-dimensional work and self-contained three-dimensional work:
• No artist may submit more than 5 pieces for consideration.
• Submissions should be delivered via email and addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• The subject line should read “PROOF submission”.
• Images of work must be in .JPG format, and should not exceed 1000 pixels in any dimension.
• All images must be sent as attachments to a single email.
• One image per piece for all 2-dimensional work; no detail shots please.
• Up to 3 images may be submitted per 3-dimensional piece. Each image should show the entire piece from a distinct angle; no detail shots please.
• Each image must be titled as follows: artistsname_image#.jpg
• A slide list, in .PDF format, should be sent as an attachment along with the images. This list should detail the title, medium, dimensions and year of each piece.
• Each item on the slide list must be numbered in a manner that corresponds with the numbering of the image files.
For video, film, performance, and/or installation work:
• Please email a project proposal, as an attachment in .PDF format, to email@example.com.
• Proposals should not exceed one page in length, and must indicate the amount of physical space your project would require, as well as briefly discuss form/content/theme/duration/etc., where applicable.
All proposals and/or slide lists must include the artist’s complete name, email address, and phone number.
Artists will be notified of acceptance or rejection no later 5:00pm, Saturday Oct. 17th. Artists will be responsible for the delivery of any accepted artwork - notices of acceptance will include the details of where and when art is to be delivered.
Coker College's Cecelia Coker Bell Gallery - Deadline October 23, 2009
Annual review for 2010-11 solo shows. Coker College's Cecelia Coker Bell Gallery is reviewing entries (all media) for solo shows in the 2010-11 exhibition season. Send 10 jpeg image files (or 10 slides), image list, statement, resume, and SASE postmarked by October 23, 2009, to Larry Merriman, Coker College Art Dept., 300 East College Ave., Hartsville, SC 29550. See complete prospectus, gallery views, & past shows: www.coker.edu/art/gallery.html. Questions: Larry Merriman, 843-383-8156. firstname.lastname@example.org
3rd Annual SCAD Art Materials Trade Show
River Club, 3 MLK Jr. Blvd.
Oct. 1 (11 am - 7 pm); Oct. 2 (10 am - 7 pm); Oct. 3 (10 am - 5 pm)
free and open to the public
more info at scad.edu/tradeshow
S.P.A.C.E. Gallery Call for Artists - Deadline: October 30, 2009
The Cultural Affairs Dept. is seeking artists for solo or group shows in the S.P.A.C.E. Gallery for its 2010 season. All media will be considered. Deadline is Oct. 30. Proposal guidelines are available online at www.savannahga. gov/arts or by calling (912) 651-6783
Desotorow Gallery Juried Exhibit: Show and Tell - Deadline: October 9, 2009
Desotorow Gallery seeks submissions for a juried exhibition that explores the use of narrative in a variety of media. Submission deadline: 10/9/09. Email info@desotorow. org for more info.
Telfair Museum of Art Call for Entries: Open Art - Deadline: October 16, 2009
The Open Art invitation is extended to emerging artists to celebrate new works and to encourage them to exhibit and sell their artwork at a major art fair. Competition is open to artists 18 years of age and older. Artists exhibiting in the Open Art category may show up to three works at the Telfair Art Fair which will be displayed in a group exhibit.
Open Art entry categories include painting, printmaking, drawing, photography, digital media, mixed media, and other works on paper. Exhibition space is limited, and artwork is restricted to two-dimensional works. All entries will be juried by art professionals and installed by the museum staff and Art Fair committee.
If selected, artwork must be ready to hang and labeled with artist name, medium, and price. The museum will provide official labels for artwork. A central table will be provided for artists’ statements, resumés, flyers, or business cards. For more information and prospectus: http://telfair.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/open-art-brochure.pdf